Consign With Us
Click Button Above for a printable version!
Want to consign your items with us? Read below for the How-To's, Do's & Don'ts!
The Short List:
- Everything must be worthy of selling.
- We do not accept Wal-Mart, KMart, or Payless brands
- Clothes must be freshly laundered, wrinkle-free, stain-free, odor-free and on hangers that you do not want back. If you need extra hangers, stop in and ask us for some!
- Call us, no more than, 24 hours before you plan to bring items in. Ask for the list of things we are not taking. Unfortunately, sometimes we are overstocked on particular categories.
- We take items Tuesday through Sunday, as space allows.
And...For the Long:
- All items must be seasonally appropriate. That is, we take sundresses in the summer, coats in the winter, etc.
- Spring: February 1st through March 31st
- Summer: April 1st through July 31st
- Fall: August 1st through August 31st
- Winter September 1st through January 31st
- Before bringing items to us, examine everything in good lighting for spots, holes, worn inner thighs/hems, and missing buttons. If the problem can be fixed, please do so before bringing it to us. Otherwise, we cannot accept the item.
- Check that hems and collars are wrinkle-free.
- We do not accept faded or discolored items.
- Shoes and purses must be clean inside and out.
- Purses must have a recognizable name brand. We cannot accept knockoff purses, as this is a felony.
- Items must smell fresh—not stale, like smoke or mothballs. Do not use fabric sprays, such a Febreeze, to freshen clothing in order to avoid possible allergic reactions.
- Lint and pet fur are not acceptable. If it is difficult to keep items lint- or hair-free, go over everything with a lint roller, place items in a plastic bag (garbage or dry cleaning bag), and tie at the bottom to keep them clean.
- Do not bring items in bags or boxes with the exception of shoes, accessories, and other non-hanging items.
- Items should be ready for us to price and put on the floor, immediately.
- If you would not purchase the item in the condition it is in, please don't bring it to us.
- Be prepared: We are picky! But we're consignors, too, and we miss spots, tears, and other flaws in our own clothes. Please don't be offended if we decline an item—we're simply trying to provide the best products we can to our customers.
- Now, let's have fun and make some money!
After Items Are Accepted:
- Janna will look them over a second time and price them.
- Items remain on the floor for 60 days (90 days for formal wear).
- If you would like any items that did not sell back, call the store at the end of your consignment period to make an appointment to pick them up. Please give 48 hours notice prior to pick up so that we can prepare all the necessary items for you.
- Once an item sells, the money goes onto your account, immediately. You may come in, at any time, and spend it as store credit.
- If, however, you would like the money as a check, you must wait until the end of the 60-day period.
- If you'd like, we can mail the check to you. We simply deduct $1.00 from the total amount.